There's a new show on PBS this season called Word World. It's a show where everything on it is made out of a word. For example, if you look closely at the pig, he's formed from the letters P-I-G, etc. and when they want to make something, like pie, they use letters for the ingredients and when they put them together they poof!...turn into a pie.
A couple days ago Gabe was playing with the letters I got for Caleb's room (to put his name on the wall). I asked him what he was doing and he said "I'm building a word....just like Word World..." Then he lined all the letters up and was like "it's not doing anything..."
I just thought it was pretty funny. I also sometimes hear him muttering under his breath something about "....pbskids dot org...." I guess we watch a lot of PBS!
Friday, November 02, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I also think that show is SO CUTE! I love how everything is so cleverly made from a word- pot, bug, barn, everything is spelled, but looks just like the item. I was impressed. That's funny that Gabe was trying to make stuff with letters- too cute. Their imagination is so fun to watch develop!
I'm going to have to check it out! Thanks for the recommendation!
Charlotte sings the Empire Carpet commercial, "Save Big Money At Menaaards," and "Nick Jr. on demand" - you're not alone!!
OH.MY.GOSH. Charlotte requests WordWorld every morning now for her show while I shower/get ready (or not, I'm not consistently showering these days). It is super cute, but I have the "It's time to build a word" ditty in my head the whole day now! She gets irritated if I didn't DVR the one from the day before so she can watch a new one. I have to make it a series pass on my DVR now. Incredible!!
I love, though, that she is finally getting into spelling more and letter sounds - we're spelling EVERYTHING now, which is Awesome!
Post a Comment