Friday, November 30, 2007

A nice ending to a nice day...

Both of the boys have been asleep since 7 (Caleb since 5:45), Dan's out with a friend, and I'm blogging on the couch watching Polar Express with a cup of decaf. House is straightened (downstairs anyway), dishes are loaded and laundry is running. Lovely.

Today was a nice day with the boys. Caleb went to sleep on his own for both naps and bedtime today. For those who know me, you know that Gabe NEVER went to sleep on his own, so this is a big deal for us. For the last couple of weeks he had really been fighting his naps and crying the moment I sat in the rocker, sometimes sleeping only 20 mintues or so. On Thanksgiving weekend I laid him down a few times awake just to see what would happen, and a couple times he konked out. So after a few more rough days, I decided to try it again today and it worked like a charm! I did give him some Tylenol this morning, though, as his cry was starting to sound more like a painful cry - his gums are a little swollen and it looks like the bottom teeth are just about to break through. I think that helped - he went to sleep without really crying and slept for about 2 hours for both naps. He's been taking a brief third nap sometimes, but I think I'm starting to phase that out in favor of an earlier bedtime. We'll see how it goes. He's also been waking up once at night again, either around 1 or 3, so I'm not sure what's up with that either.

Gabe is totally better from his little virus, so that's good. And I'm so thankful that Caleb didn't get it, though he did seem a little warm at bedtime - hopefully it's nothing!

I'll try to post some pics soon...I'm way behind!

0 comments: