I've been meaning to post for a while now a couple things about our flowers this summer. First of all, our impatiens in the back yard were ENORMOUS this year. I think it's because Dan used Miracle Grow Bloom Booster on them, but from like five little plants in each section they got nice and full (pic below).
Second, Gabe "picked" some for me one and I stuck them in a cup with water and they continued to grow and even grew new roots! I didn't know you could do that. I wonder if I could keep some inside for the winter?
Last of all, I had five pots on our stairs in the front this summer (one on each step and a big one at the bottom). Two of the pots also had huge, pretty impatiens in them and one day a few weeks ago we noticed they were GONE - just those two, not the other three. Someone took them - the prettiest ones. THEN, later that night, I heard a noise out front and went to look and the big terra cotta pot at the bottom (maybe 18 inches high and the same width) was shattered on the front sidewalk and a bunch of kids were running down the block. I was like "you guys!" but I don't think they heard me, nor would it have done any good. :-)
But still, why would they take my beautiful flowers? What are they going to do with them? Very irritating, but what can you do.
I'm also throwing in a pic of our morning glory, which was also huge this year. Sadly, I am already getting anxious for spring to see if my bulbs will come up again!

1 comments:
Your flowers are all beautiful!!
We ignored our garden all summer. We just picked some peppers a few weeks ago that we saw hidden in the jungle back there.
I cannot believe some punks did that to your flowers??!! That stinks, I'd be really upset - though my husband is the type that screams at kids that go in our yard and threatens to call their parents. Mind you, he is all of 29 years old.
Thanks for updating!!!
Post a Comment