Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Four Month Check-Up


So, here are Caleb's four month stats per his check-up today:

Weight: 18 lb., 12 oz. - 95%
Height: 26 inches - 75%
Head: 43.5 cm - 75%

He did great and got the same three shots and oral vaccine he did at his 2 month visit. She said his gums seemed swollen on the bottom, so that confirms my suspicion that he is teething. He was really upset tonight for almost an hour and a half, though, which had me worrying that maybe he was having some kind of reaction to the shots. Outside of his "emergence delerium" after his little surgery, I have not seem him this upset. He finally calmed down and went to sleep, but I still feel nervous. Hopefully it was just a combo of overtiredness and soreness from the shots.

Something the doctor said not to worry about was the fact that he really hasn't rolled over anymore since he did that once. She said sometimes it's harder for "bigger babies." Our suspicion is that since he sleeps on his tummy (which I did not admit), he really doesn't practice that much (although I do give him plenty of time on his play mat, etc.). She also said he had a nice round head and that meant he wasn't spending TOO much time on his back. Again, did not admit that he sleeps on his tummy.

She said we can start cereal and food anytime between now and six months, so that seems crazy that he can already start eating baby food! I might pick up some cereal this week and start with that. I felt the need to give the whole long story about why he is now on formula. I think the nurse saw me eyeing the free Enfamil starter kits and was like, "do you want some samples?" She gave me a nice little cooler bag with a mini can of formula and a $15 rebate coupon. I had a $20 rebate coupon from our hospital starter bag that I can't find and it's bugging me. Sally has been kind enough to send me the formula coupons she doesn't plan on using, so if anyone else out there has any rebates or coupons you won't use prior to expiration, feel free to send them my way - formual definitely adds up!!

I am seriously digressing here, so I better wrap this up!

3 comments:

Amy Kate said...

Holy smokes, I think I have a bunch of coupons. Are you using Enfamil? I'll stash them for you!!
Sounds like your little guy (big guy?) is doing great. The fussiness stinks, but I bet it is just from the shots and whatnot. FOUR MONTHS???!!!

Anonymous said...

You need to sign up with Enfamil if you haven't already. Your kit should have something to sign up or online. They'll send you tons of coupons. I'm still getting free samples and coupons from them. I'll bring what hasn't expired this weekend.

Jamie

Christina said...

I have some coupons that I'll save for you, too. I have been keeping them all, just in case. But I'm thinking ours will expire before we can use them. I'm glad to hear his appt went ok. Poor baby, those shots are never fun. Oh and when did Caleb start sleeping on his tummy? Just curious because William sleeps so much better that way (like when we're holding him against us) but when we lay him down he wakes up a lot more.