Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Six Month Check-Up



Caleb's six month check-up was today. Here's a quick rundown:


Height: 28.2" (95%)

Weight: 20 lb. 12 oz. (95%)

Head: I can't remember the measurement, but it was in the 75% percentile


So, he's a big boy! Time for a new carseat already. It's crazy that he's not this little infant anymore! He did pretty well for his shots and oral vaccine, and the nurse who did the shot seriously hooked me up with free samples...a total of 18-2 oz. bottle of ready to use formula and two free samples of Tylenol! Plus a free sample of Eucerin from the lady who did his weight (he has a little dry patch on his leg).


He was super sad and fussy tonight. He just went down at about 9:45 after a couple hours of trying. He had a big stinky diaper before he finally went down; I feel like that oral vaccine (rotavirus) always upsets his tummy. I can just hear it gurgling and growling. Poor guy.


She said he can have juice and water now in a sippy cup and we can start working up to table food (?!). Again, just crazy that he's already to this stage.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Doesn't the second time around go so much faster? I can't believe that Blake can start solids any time now either. Blake's checkup is next week. Even though I started Nathan on solids around 6 mos., it seemed to be such a long time until that started- now we're already at that point with our babies!? Unbelievable!
Caleb is big, but I think Blake the humongous baby is still bigger, if you can even believe it! He's probably 22 lbs. already. We've been in a new carseat for over a month now...If you're looking for a good seat that will last them pretty much forever, look at the Radian 80. You might like the Radian 65 as well, since your boys aren't quite as big- anyway, it's a carseat that can be used rear-facing as well as forward facing up to 65 or 80 lbs, which is more than most other carseats on the market. It's safer to keep them in a 5 pt. harness as long as possible. Just a tip!