Sunday, January 27, 2008

Friday Adventure











I decided to take the boys down to the Children's Museum at Navy Pier on Friday. We get free admission through my work and "discounted" parking (still $20!) and it had been a long time since I had taken Gabe down. I would say this was probably my first major outing with the boys by myself, it's definitely more work, but it was worth it and a lot of fun. Although parking is expensive, it's attached, so it's easy to get inside. The museum has three big coat rooms, so we just put our coats an the stroller in there and I carried Caleb in the bjorn while Gabe walked. It's nice that Gabe is at an age where he'll listen and I don't have to worry about him totally bolting from me (though I still watch him like a hawk!). Gabe had a blast and Caleb enjoyed some of the baby areas, too!




We had lunch at Mickey D's and even got to see Bob the Builder, although we did not want to go anywhere near him nor have our picture taken with him. :-) All in all a busy but fun day; we'll definitely go again soon!




3 comments:

Christina said...

This looks like so much fun! Gabe just loves glasses, doesn't he? I love that he's always accessorizing! The museum looks really fun. I can't believe discounted parking is $20.

Kudos to you for taking the boys by yourself. Sounds like a big, but fun and successful outing! Yay!

love you all!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Momma!

Let me know next time you want to go and I'll drive in and Hunter & I will go too! Should be fun.

Isn't Caleb about to max out the Bjorn wt. limit? Not to mention your back! That gets heavy!!
Looks like tons of fun though!

Jamie

Sara said...

Gabe's favorite by far was trying on all the safety glasses. A bunch of kids came in an there were no more and he was like, "there's no more glasses!!" I love the pic, too, where he's looking down and striking a Michael Jackson pose.

Jamie, you should definitely come in sometime. That would be fun! And yes, my shoulders were sore for a couple of days, actually! But the weight limit is 25, so we still have a few more pounds. :-)