Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Firsts

Gabe had a couple of firsts on Monday. Dan stays home with the boys on Monday while I work and he said that while he was putting Caleb down Gabe yelled for him to come and change his diaper (which is unusual because he hates to have his diaper changed). When Dan went in his room he had taken off his diaper (and it was poopy) and gone and sat on the potty (which made the potty very messy) and then gone back to his room. Yikes! It was a mess to clean up, but good that he tried to make the connection about going to the potty. Maybe we're getting closer?

Later that night I put Caleb down and ran out for a quick Target run while Dan put Gabe down. Unfortunately, Caleb woke up which put a stop to Gabe's bedtime routine. While Dan rocked Caleb, Gabe went up on the futon in Caleb's room and lay there, then told Dan he was just going to go lay down in his own bed. When Dan got Caleb down and went into Gabe's room, he had pulled the covers up and was sound asleep! That's definitely a first. :-)

1 comments:

Christina said...

Wow, I bet that was messy!! Lucky Dan! :-)

I think those are huge milestones!! I'd love for Henry to even admit to having a dirty diaper. He just runs and hides in the office and then says, "no mommy, I'm dry". Yeah right! How sweet that he tucked himself in, too.