Are these posts getting a little overwhelming? Maybe I should ration them...
Gabe has learned to "point and click" now with the mouse, which means the computer has become a lot more meaningful to him. He LOVES going to PBSKids.org and playing the games there. If I bring it up for him, he can navigate to Sesame Street "Journey to Ernie" and a bunch of other things that he likes. When he gets stuck, I'll say, "go back to pbskids" and he'll click the little icon that takes him back to the home page and start over. It's dangerous though, because it keeps him entertained for a long time, and it's very tempting to just let him hang out there for a while! Everything in moderation, right? Someone also gave him a toy laptop, which he also has fun with, but now that he knows what a real computer does, I'm not sure he'll be as interested!

2 comments:
:) YOU ARE BIG
Have you guys been to starfall.com? I think Gabe would love it. There's tons to do and Henry love love loves going there. I bet Gabe would have a blast being able to navigate it himself, plus he'd be learning his phonics as he goes...so it's a double bonus!
Post a Comment