Tuesday, January 15, 2008

The Girlies






So, the girls and I (my best friends from high school) decided that since we're all turning 30 this year, we would plan a little trip to celebrate. We started big (NY, somewhere warm, Napa, etc.), but landed on the good ol' Windy City. Given the impending arrival of Baby Jee and Baby Rhode, the location and timing worked out for the best.


We had a great time. We Pricelined the Sheraton near the lake ($75 a night!), so we were in a great location. We arrived late Friday night and went to Grand Luxe for appetizers and beignets (yum). Then Saturday we spent most of the day shopping Michigan Ave. and had tapas for lunch at Cafe Iberico.


For our wild and crazy Saturday night out, we went to Howl at the Moon (a dualing piano bar). Lots of fun! All in all it was a great weekend and so nice to spend time together (it's not often all four of us can get together).


Love you, girls, and Happy 30th to us! (Teara, you're up first!)


5 comments:

Sara said...

I should note that the picture of Teara is of her singing "Cecilia," or pleading for them to play it, I can't remember which. :-)

Holly said...

Oooh I love the Grand Luxe.

You girls look soooo cute! Sounds like a lot of fun! :)

Amanda said...

Sounds like you had a great time! I'm happy to hear that you all have remained so close. Lyndsey and I have been talking about taking a trip together for our 30th birthdays as well.
Happy Birthday to you all!

The Jones Family said...

Thanks for posting the pictures Sara - I copied them and posted the first one on my blog :).

Christina said...

These are so cute. Looks like you guys had lots of fun! Girls weekends are so much fun.