Sunday, January 27, 2008

Library Membership


On and off for a while now we have been going to church at Willow Creek Chicago, the downtown branch of the one based in South Barrington. We really like it. Anyway, they meet in the Auditorium Theater in the city, which is just a block or two from the Harold Washington Library. The picture above doesn't do it justice, but it is an ENORMOUS, beautiful building. Dan's been wanting to get a library card for a while now, so we went after church today. Gabe was SUPER excited to look at all the books and pick some out to take home, so that was fun. There's also lots of other fun stuff you can do with a Chicago Public Library member, like check-out museum passes. We can also use it to go to the library in Oak Park, which is probably what we'll do most. I've never really considered myself a "library" kind of person (if there is such a thing), but I think it will be fun and maybe it will inspire me to stick with one of my resolutions: read more!

1 comments:

Christina said...

Something funny is that I just took the boys to our library (not nearly as gorgeous or big!) on Friday and got a library card. Henry had fun, but mostly adopted a different family and kept hanging out with this little girl (who, no matter how many times I'd say "she" and "her", kept referring to as a boy) and her dad. They have games and lots to do in the kids area, so I think we'll make it a weekly outing maybe. He really liked being able to bring some new books home. I'm just really parenoid that I'll lose them or mix them up with his other ones! I'd like to read more, too and think I'll check out a book or two, too.