Sunday, August 10, 2008

Wednesday: Hallowell & Winthrop

Wednesday we took the opportunity to sort of sleep in and have another lazy morning, which was really nice. We decided to stay close to "home," since New Hampshire and the ocean had been a couple of hours drive each way. We went in to Hallowell for lunch at one of our favorite places to eat when in Maine: Lucky Garden. It's the cutest little Chinese place and they have the BEST buffet. Particularly good is their sesame chicken and their little fried chinese donut things. This is not your typical "'Chinese buffet".....it's really small and cute and quaint and the food is just really good! Hallowell is just a really cute New England town with lots of antique shops, etc., so we shopped round a little bit after lunch, too.

After that, we headed in to Winthrop, which is the town where Dan lived with Joyce and Christina. We stopped at the high school / middle school and let Gabe play on the playground for a while. I think Aunt Tina probably played on this playground, though the equipment looks like it's been updated recently.

After that we went on to dinner with some good friends....Katie, Amber, their kids and Katie's parents, Dick and Mary. Dick and Mary hosted us in their home and made a great meal on the grill for us while we caught up and got to meet all of the kids in person! It was so great to see everyone after so long, though it's nice that we can keep in touch via the blogs. :-) Amber's little girl and Katie's little boy are just adorable; I'm so glad we were able to meet them.

You can see the rest of the pics from our day in Hallowell and Winthrop here.

5 comments:

Christina said...

WHOA!!! I LOVE your new blog! It looks awesome! And it's so you. It's adorable!!!

Wednesday looks like it was so much fun. I would have really loved spending that day with you guys. It's so fun that you got to visit Winthrop and see the Dyers and Katie and Amber.

I think that playground might be new...a new location too. The school behind it was my high school, but I think they turned it into the grade school, so I think it's an entirely new one. The one I used to play with was on the other side of the former elementary school. Maybe you went there too?? I'll have to find out when we talk!

The Jones Family said...

OOOO! Love the new look :). And thanks for posting all the pictures. Fun to see you adventures! And THANK YOU for the adorable little outfit! So cute!
Love you!

Amy Kate said...

Hello, how much do I love the new background??? Where did you find it? LOVE IT!
Thanks for the updates - it looks like a fantastic vacation!

Anonymous said...

Great new look for your blog!
love, Sandi

Anonymous said...

We had so much fun visiting with you guys and your kids are so cute, I feel like I know them already! Hope to see you all again really soon!

Amber