

I forgot to mention that after blueberry picking we packed up our things to head to stay with family friends Roger and Eileen in Richmond, ME. On the way, we stopped in Winthrop again to have a bacon and green pepper pizza at House of Pizza, which is a place Dan, Joyce and Christina used to get pizza a lot. I also tried some Moxie, which was a little weird. Apparently this is another Maine trademark and has some real die hard fans. However, I will not be one of those fans. The taste is OK, but there's a really nasty aftertaste. I think it's one of those things you either love or hate.

2 comments:
It looks like you guys did so many fun things in your week out there.
Love the new template. You'll have to tell me how you found it. I was looking to change mine and couldn't find anything interesting.
Jamie
"adding Angostura bitters to root beer" to approximate the taste? Oh my gosh, I don't know what to say!
Maybe whiskey would improve on that...
I wonder if the gentian root they refer to is the same as gentian violet, the homeopathic cure for infant thrush?
Post a Comment