We had lunch there in the little restaurant that seems like it hangs right over the ocean, and then we went to Pemaquid Beach and hung out for a little bit. Caleb loved standing in the sand as the waves came up and covered his feet, and Gabe and Dan again went in search of wildlife, which they found in the form of a bunch of hermit crabs! I didn't get a picture, but there were these really sweet girls who caught a bunch for him and put them in his little bucket. We weren't totally prepared in terms of swimsuits (I forgot mine), but we made it work. :-)
The sand and water were full of sparkles, which we later learned we think is the mineral micah, but it made everything so glimmery and shiny. It was another beautiful day surrounded by beautiful things. There's just something about the ocean that always just awes me and makes me feel so small, in a good way, remembering how thankful I am for God's creation.
Here are the rest of our pictures from the day at the ocean.








3 comments:
Maine looks so beautiful, I love all the pics! It looks like you guys had such a great week. And WOW did you take a lot of pics. I clicked on your link and OH MY WORD. Try scrapbooking this trip : )
Jamie
Oh, I love the ocean. These pictures are beautiful! And it sounds like you had the perfect mix of relaxing and adventure. That's so fun that Dan and Gabe found crabs and snails. Henry would be in heaven. He loves seeing crabs in the aquarium at Culvers!!
Can't wait to read about the rest of your week. You guys had a full week it looks like!
Love you!
It looks like you had a wonderful time at the ocean. It was the best part of the Maine trip when we were there. The tide pools are so cool.
Love,
Sandi
Post a Comment