Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Monday: Mountains and Moose

I'm realizing I can be catchier with my titles. Like Sunday's could have been Layin' around, Lakes and Lobster. Anyway...back to Monday.

Monday we decided to take a trip to visit another house that Justin has in Twin Mountain, New Hampshire. He lived there before moving to Wilton and is actually trying to sell this one. It was a couple hours away, but it was a beautiful, scenic drive through the mountains. His property actually has an amazing stream in the backyard and about 5 acres of woods, so it was a great place for Gabe to fish, explore and experience the great outdoors! It was an amazing place....if you know anyone who would like to buy it let me know and I'll put you in touch with him! :-)

The guys fished out in the stream and caught some mini trout and I hung out inside part of the time with Caleb while he played and caught a snooze.


One of the more exciting parts of the day (and the trip), was that we got to see not one, but TWO moose! This was a pretty big deal, because I think in all of Dan's years out there he maybe only saw one from a distance. So, it was very cool and we were thrilled to be able to see them.


Update: I did forget to mention that we also stopped in Conway, NH at some great outlet stores. There's no sales tax in NH! It's a beautiful town surrounded by ski resorts. I could have spent a lot more time there, but once I hit the Banana Republic, I knew I needed to stop while I was ahead. :-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You forgot to mention the part of the day where we went outlet shopping in NH with no sales tax. This wasn't super fun, but I feel like it provided some good, quality, bonding time for me and Caleb while we laid on the grass and waited for you those last few minutes (not trying to be funny...those 10 minutes or so were some of my favorite from the trip).

Dan

Erica said...

It's neat you guys saw two moose! This is a great picture of one.

I remember the outlets in NH, and I loved having no sales tax. I bought something that cost $9.99, and I got a penny back!

Christina said...

That is hilarious that you guys saw two moose! You're right, we could never see one when we tried when we lived there. It must be one of those things that comes when you stop looking?!

It looks like it was such a special day and worth the drive to get there. It's so beautiful! I've forgotten what it looks like to be surrounded by scenery other than cornfields. :-)

Anonymous said...

It is so neat that you saw a moose. They are hard to see. We didn't see one on our first trip, but we did see one on our second trip. Gabe sounded very excited about the moose.
Love ya, Sandi