So, after a round a antibiotics that Caleb finished on Sunday, he still has been pretty fussy this week and not sleeping well (other than Sunday night, when he slept his first ever 12 hour stretch). For example, last night he was up from 3:30 to almost 6! That was an exceptional night, but based on that and the fussiness, back to the doctor we went today. You never WANT your kid to be sick, but I was thinking it HAD to be an ear infection and that would DEFINITELY explain things.
No ear infection.
The doctor doesn't think there's anything really seriously wrong, either, which is definitely a relief, but this is leading me to believe that he is just being a stinker?? It's just strange, because that was totally not his personality for the first 6 months of his life. Our last resort is that we are going to try some baby Tagamet drops for the acid reflux, which I am supposed to call in for later. Other than that, it seems that he just totally hates sleeping or really likes our company. But I am very thankful that he's healthy.

5 comments:
Who WOULDN'T love your company? Especially since moms and dads are notoriously pleasant at, oh, say 3am? On a weeknight? TOTALLY!
Well, hopefully he'll get over this hump soon, very soon, and stop being a stinker and be as easy as he is cute. Until then...GOOD LUCK! Take naps whenever you can!
That's strange he's been giving you such a hard time lately. Especially since he was sleeping good so early. Hunter always woke up a lot but he was pretty easy to get back to sleep. Maybe it's time for the dreaded "cry-it-out" method : (
You have such a good attitude!!! I would be like, FIND SOMETHING WRONG...NOW!!
But you're right, it's a blessing that he's a healthy boy with a healthy dose of spunk and spirit. And remember, this too shall pass. He's adorable in this pic by the way!
Love you guys!
Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Notebook, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://notebooks-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.
Stinker or not, he is super cute.
If it makes you feel any better, Blake's been waking up 1-3 times a night to feed for at least 2 months now. Pretty much without exception. Some nights he's in my bed half the night. Thankfully I'm not as dead tired as I was when he was a newborn. I can only figure it's his top teeth coming in. But sometimes we'll never know.
By the way, I tagged you!
http://orryally.livejournal.com/220402.html
Post a Comment