Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Precious





I've been setting the stove timer for Gabe when he plays on the computer lately, for 10 minutes at a time, and then he knows when it beeps that it's time to stop and "click all the x's" (i.e. close all the screens). Tonight the timer beeped, he quickly closed all the x's and I helped him out of the chair. I had both of his hands in mine and he looked up at me with a sweet smile and said, "I love you, Mommy." It just was so unexpected and spontaneous that it just melted my heart right there. He has maybe had one or two other spontaneous "I love you's," but this definitely seemed the most heartfelt. I think I will always remember that moment (especially now that I documented it :-)). My little angel Gabriel.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is really sweet. What a beautiful memory to always have!
Love,
Erica

Christina said...

What a precious thing! I love an unsolicited "I love you"! And since they are few and far between it's even more precious because you know they mean it. He's so sweet.

Also, I like your setting the stove timer for his computer time. Henry can't navigate the computer on his own yet, but I think I'll hold on to your idea, or even use it for other things.

love you guys!

Lyndsey said...

What a handsome little boy...and a little charmer too! :)