We decided to take him to Chuck E. Cheese for the first time, and he was pretty pumped. It was actually really fun, though I feel like it hasn't changed since I was 10 years old - what a blast from the past....those click-clacking mechanical animals singing on stage, the ski ball, the tokens, the tickets...ah the memories. Our little table number for our pizza was a three and he was like "hey, that's what I am today!" He had tons of fun playing games and they had a couple of cool little booths that printed out pictures, too, so here are a few momentos of our first trip to Chuck's (some are a picture of a picture, so sorry for the poor quality):
Oma came out in the early afternoon to visit and we took a trip to the zoo. It was a little chilly; it felt much warmer when we got home from Chuck E. Cheese, but it was a good time and still good to get some fresh air. Caleb was totally mesmerized by the birds and the noise they were making in the penguin house.
We finished the day with a McD's dinner, cupcakes and more presents. I love this video and how he's just belting out "Happy Birthday." You can see the little sparkle in his eye, knowing that it's his special day.
A great day with our sweet boy. I'm so grateful for him; he's a sweet boy with a great personality and I can't imagine life without him.

5 comments:
1) Cutest video ever!
2) Love Caleb's hat at the zoo!
3) Gabe is just a little man now! Isn't it hard to remember when he was Caleb's age?
4) Whenever we're at Chuck E. Cheese (And Charlotte tries to make out with Chuck E. every time), Mike and our friend Tim ditch the kids with me and Tim's wife and they go look menacing and boot 8-10 year olds off of the few "cool" video games there. Yes, they swipe tokens from the kids' cups and bully little kids off the video games!
Sounds like a fantastic birthday!!
Loved the enthusiasm! That was awesome when you told Gabe to hold up 3 fingers, and with gusto, he just stuck out his whole hand. Also loved the "thumbs up." I love that kid :).
What a great day! My favorite part is what he whispered in your ear in bed. How cute.
Oh how fun! What a fun and memorable way to spend his 3rd birthday. I second Katie, I love that he wanted to go see if his birthday was here. And I love the expression on his face when he sees his presents on the couch and realizes that indeed his birthday is here!! How adorable. It sounds like such a fun day. We're so excited to see you all Saturday!
Love you guys!
My favorite is Dan's face, carrying Caleb with the big blanket over him and that hat is too funny!
You guys always make birthday's so special. Sounds like a great day!
Post a Comment