(Sorry about that last post, I'm not sure why it posted so many times!)
Today we arrived in Austin, TX for our vacation / Dan's conference. The weather is beautiful down here - sunny and 70s. We went walking around today downtown, which is where we're staying. There is a major strip of bars/restaurants they compare to Bourbon Street, but other than that it's really kindof a boring town (sorry if you are from, live in or like Austin). The most exciting thing we've found so far is that there is a bridge that houses the largest urban colony of bats in the world and you can go see them all fly out to feed at dusk. So we have that to look forward to. :-)
I really am just looking forward to relaxing and hanging out by the pool on the roof. As proof that I am a pale midwesterner, I already got a farmer tan (burn) on my arms from eating lunch on the patio at this place called the Iron Cactus (delicious food, though). Maybe I should have done some tanning before I left. :-)
Monday, May 15, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
I haven't been checking your blog these past few days because I didn't think it would be updated. So much to my surprise when I checked today I got to read this about Austin! I hope you guys are having a great time. Scary about the bats! Have you gotten in much time by the pool? I told you about tanning..it's very helpful in defeating burns the first few times out in the summer :-) I bet you're looking forward to seeing Gabe and I wish I could be there when he sees you two! I can't wait to hear all about your trip!
Post a Comment