I also forgot to mention in the previous post that he has a ton of teeth coming in the back, and I've totally lost track of what came in when and, quite frankly, I am afraid to put my finger in there to explore! I feel like it is making him a little fussy lately, though. He always has his fingers in his mouth and has a really sour expression on his face, so we've been giving him Tylenol the last few days.
I am also trying to figure out his naps. Starting around his birthday he really started rebelling against the afternoon nap, but was still taking the morning nap fine. This confused me because I thought the morning nap was supposed to disappear first, but he still seemed tired by 9:30 or 10:00 in the morning and would go down easily for that nap. Nonetheless, I had a friend with a similar experience who slowly pushed her daughter's nap back a little bit each day until it was an afternoon nap. We started doing this, holding him off until 11 or noon and he would take a decent 1 1/2 to 2 hour nap and go down early for bed. But then this morning, I could tell he was getting tired around 9, so he fell asleep really easily by 9:20 but only slept for 40 minutes and then went down late for the afternoon nap (at 3:30 because we had company) and slept until 4:50. I know this is getting long, but I guess I just feel like I need to figure this out or do some more reading on sleep (or if anyone has any thoughts, let me know).
Tuesday, May 23, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment