It's a classic for sure. On Sunday, Gabe started doing "sooo big..." on his own. I (and I think some others, like the grandparents) have always done it with him and raised his arms to say "so big" after asking "how big are you?" but now he just throws his arms straight up when you ask him how big he is (and then usually claps for himself because we get so excited). We have a short video which we hope to post shortly.
He is also doing a funny thing now with books. He'll sit down with one and babble like he's reading. He does a lot of "baby babble" now, and there have been a couple of times where we swear he has repeated something we said (they other night we thought he repeated "hey, silly-doo").
I'm finding this age is really fun because of all the development in speech and interaction. It's also challenging because he is on the move constantly and is in to EVERYTHING! I think I need to re-babyproof things, and get some drawer and cabinet locks, etc. I made the mistake of showing him where the tupperware was the other day, and now he is contstantly going to that drawer and throwing tupperware all over the floor. He also is strangely drawn to the garbage can and is always trying to stick is arm in there to fish for something - yuck!
I think those are most of the bigger things I've been meaning to write about. I'm trying to be better about journaling his developments. Speaking of which, here were his one-year stats (from a month ago):
Weight: 26.5 (around there, I can't find the sheet at the moment) = 90th percentile
Height: 31" - 90th percentile
His head is still off the charts, but it has "curved" a little more, so that's good.
Tuesday, May 02, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
How cute that he started doing "soo big" on his own! Isn't it crazy how fast they learn? Henry is really becoming a master imitator, too, and also is starting to repeat things that he gets a reaction from doing. Today he put his head on the floor and pushed his legs up off the floor and looked backwards through them, and when I reacted surprised and played "peekaboo" he kept doing it..even when Patrick came home tonight. It makes me realize how much things are going to change, and become so much more work too!
Post a Comment