Thursday, May 11, 2006

Separation Anxiety

I have mixed emotions about the upcoming week. I have only been away from Gabe two nights since he was born - one night on two separate occasions. Dan has been away for several days at a time, but we have never both been away at the same time. We are leaving Monday for our vacation in Austin, TX and will be gone until Thursday, and Gabe will be staying in Rockford. I am definitely looking forward to being away from work (I'm NOT checking e-mail) and to spending time alone with Dan. However, I do feel a little nervous about being away (and so far way) from him for three whole nights. And, I'll be gone tomorrow night because Jamie and I are going up to Mayo to visit our little "niece," Payton. So, I'll be away from the baby-do a lot over the next week, but I think it will be good for all of us, and I'm looking forward to doing some sleeping in and just getting some R&R! I know Gabe will be fine. He loves his grandmas and grandpas (which he calls ba-pas), and it will be good to get him used to staying other places so he won't be a homesick kid when he gets older, right? I'll miss my bubba, though.

1 comments:

Sally said...

Oops, that posted 5 times somehow. I can't imagine leaving Nathan overnight yet- but he is still nursing at night, which I'm sure makes a difference. I can imagine it will be weird the first time we do go on vacay or leave him overnight. Although Aunt Holly can't wait until the day they can do a sleepover!