Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Milestones Update

So, I think it's time for me to document some more of Gabe's new developments, etc. so I don't forget them. Here are some of the latest:

-Will say "nigh-nigh" and put his head down on whatever is nearby (floor, couch...if only he really went "nigh-nigh" that easily;
-After we change his diaper we usually put antibacterial stuff on our hands and rub them together, so now he rubs his hands together after his diaper gets changed;
-He was playing with the lotion bottle this morning and he acted like he was putting some on his leg and then rubbed his leg like he was rubbing it in and rubbed his hands together (he also acted like he was powdering his diaper with the powder bottle the other day after his bath);
-He will say "nana" for bananas (Dan was with him in the produce section where he looked at all of the fruit and said "ball...ball...ball...NANA!"... he thinks round fruit are balls);
-Loves to watch Praise Baby with his hands waiving in the air to the music (and sometimes turns in circles);
Will make a doggie sound (this one is somewhat inconsistent, but if you catch him at the right time, he'll definitely do it);
-Picks up the phone and instead of saying "ha" (hello) shouts "MAMA!" (I think this is because he and Dan call me while I'm at work).

I think those are the major ones I've been meaning to jot down. It's crazy how quickly time goes and how quickly they learn!

3 comments:

Sally said...

It is SO fun to hear about what he's doing. That'll be Nathan in just a few months! It's amazing how they go from being able to do absolutely NOTHING to being their own little unique personalities. I definitely feel the need to journal his most recent "advancements" too.

Sara said...

I know, it's a really fun age. That first year of development is just unbelievable. I also feel like I should be taking more video. Super cute invites, by the way. We plan on being there!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you've finally let us non bloggers post comments. Thanks!

I can't get over the pics and how quickly Gabe is chaning and turning into a little man. It's crazy!!