...you have in high school where you show up to find out final exams are that day and you haven't studied at all (or that you are not wearing clothes). That's how my day was yesterday. Gabe woke up at 6 a.m., which is fairly typical, at which point we get him a bottle and put him in bed with us while we try to catch a few more winks. He RARELY goes back to sleep (and I rarely set an alarm). Well, yesterday he fell back asleep and slept until almost 8:30! I woke up at 8:20 in a panic because I was going to be late for work, but I knew I would make it before a 10 a.m. training seminar that I had. I decided to drive because it's the fastest commute and I could put my makeup on in the car. On the way, I realized I forgot my makeup bag, which stinks, but I figured I could get through the day.
So, I got to my desk at around 9:35 and my co-worker came over and said "Are you ready for your presentation?" Needless to say, I didn't believe him and when I found out he was serious, had a small panic attack. A while back he asked me to present one of my clients as a case study at one of these training classes that we all are required to attend. I agreed, but did not realize that the session I signed up to attend was the one I was speaking at. Nothing like sitting in front of 50 people on a Monday morning with no makeup and no prep for what you are going to say!!
Long story short (or long story long), it went fine and I'm glad Monday is behind me. And next week is vacation!!!!!!!!!!
Tuesday, May 09, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Sara, I'm just sitting here thinking, OH MY GOSH! How unbelievable and nerve-racking and all with no make-up on. Oh, I would have died! I'm sure no one even knew that you only had 25 minutes to prepare and you did great. Yes..thank goodness for vacations :-)
Post a Comment