Wednesday, May 31, 2006

A Magical Moment

Those of you who know us know that Gabe is not so good at falling asleep on his own (mostly because we have not been so good at teaching him to fall asleep on his own). However, last night after I had rocked him for a little bit and he was pretty sleepy, I put him in his crib just to see what would happen. It was really hot and he was pretty squirmy, so I thought he might be more comfortable that way. He didn't try to stand up or anything (which he usually does) so I just pat his back for a minute and then I just stood by his crib and he drifted off to sleep! I know this might not seem like a big deal to most, but it was a BIG deal to us! Hopefully we can gradually get him to be better at falling asleep on his own. We're still struggling a bit with naps, but I have been giving in to some late afternoon naps lately. He just gets so tired and he sleeps a good hour or hour and a half, he just goes to bed later on those nights.

1 comments:

Christina said...

I think it's a great big deal and we understand about how big a deal it is! We've been teaching Henry to fall asleep on his own for his naps and every time it happens we're cheering for joy! It's a big deal...no matter what age. Isn't it just so nice to have that extra time too??