Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Three and a Half!





Gabe is officially three and a half years old; I can't believe we're on the downhill toward FOUR. Here are some of recent pics of him above, but it's getting harder and harder to get good pics of him! And here are some updates:
His latest thing is just making up new words. The other day he was talking to Dan and said, "Are you batchin' me?" We have no idea what this means, but he seemed to have a perfectly good explanation and thought it made perfect sense.
He loves to rhyme, and most of the time the words actually do rhyme (and sometimes it's more of a stretch), but he'll usually say something like "fall, wall....that rhymes!"
In continuing with his apparent need for things to be very absolute, he has started using the word "absolutely" a lot, like "absolutely not," or "absolutely yes, I will."

He loves his kitties and always wants to let them out first thing in the morning. The other day he had crawled into bed with me and it was pretty early, but the kitties were meowing from the basement, so he told me he had to go because the kitties were calling him.
He has also become really good at dressing himself. Last night he totally stripped down and put on new underwear, his shirt and his pants (although the were backwards, still pretty good!).
I'm starting to really panic about him getting older! And I'm definitely procrasinating about pre-school. I know that's not healthy, but I am having a hard time accepting the fact that he'll be in school soon. He's still my baby!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

His verbal skills are amazing. I can't believe he is rhyming already. Great job! It's hard to watch them grow up so fast. I still think of Cory as my baby, but he'd hate it if he knew that.
love ya,
Sandi

Erica said...

Three and a half!!! Time really does fly! These are great pictures of Gabe. I'm excited to see both Gabe and Caleb at William's party.
Love,
Erica

Christina said...

I think it's so funny that Gabe insisted that he wasn't three any more at the wedding. And he was right...three and a half is different than just three!! ha ha, he's so funny!

I love these pictures of Gabe. He's such an adorable and sweet boy. It's getting really hard to get a good posing picture of Henry too. I guess there's just too much else to do. And I hear you, they are still our "babies"!!

Love you,
Christina

Anonymous said...

I cannot believe that Gabie is 3-1/2 already; where does the time go? These are great pics of him! He is such a sweet, sweet boy. And his sense of humor is so similar to Dan at that age - too funny! Love, Joyce