Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Two Month Check Up


Today was Caleb's two month check-up and the belly pictures don't lie....his weight was off the charts at a whopping 15 lb. 8 oz. His height was 75% at 23.5 and his head circumference was just above 50%. Everything looks good, he's nice and healthy, which we're very thankful for. He also had to have THREE shots and one oral vaccine (which was new), so that was very sad and I even shed a couple of tears. It's just so sad because they don't know it's coming and they are looking right at you and crying real tears like "what's happening to me?!" He did fine, though. I nursed him right after and he fell asleep in the car and slept for almost 5 hours once we got home and woke up in a fine mood. I was smart this time, though, and gave him Tylenol before the shots, which the nurse and doc both said was a good idea. I didn't do that with Gabe, who also slept a long time after his first shots, but woke up screaming uncontrollably, which totally freaked me out. So, now we do the Tylenol beforehand. :-)

He slept right through our play date with Sally, Nathan and Blake. I'll post some pics of that as soon as I get them downloaded. Thanks for coming, guys!

2 comments:

Christina said...

Cute picture, I just can't get over those eyes! He's a cutie. I can't believe he's 15 lbs! I just checked Henry's 2 month stats, he was 12 lbs...however he plumped up fast and as you know is now off the charts at 36! It's just amazing how they grow. He's a doll. Glad you got through the shots and I'm sure you're glad they're over with.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe the weight either. He must be outgrowing clothes daily! Hunter didn't weigh that until he was 4 months! Although he was the same height.
I also cried everytime he got shots - though at our 2 month he got 4 shots.