(That's a Dwight Shrute quote. Like Dan, I am now quoting fictional characters.)
What would you consider "sleeping through the night" for a baby? Is it duration or the time of morning or whether or not it's light outside when they wake up?
Anyway, Caleb slept about 8 1/2 hours last night...from about 8:15 to about 4:50. I remember him stirring around 2, but he must have never really woken up and the next thing knew it was about 5 a.m.?
So, I think for baby book purposes I will consider this sleeping through the night, but am curious as to what you other moms consider or considered sleeping through the night for your little ones?
Sunday, September 02, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Dude, as long as you can get 8.5 hours out of him, I say it counts!!! and 4:50am is not a bad wake up time - that's pretty much morning - only very minor tweaking required to get him to 10-6 instead!!!
Congratulations, I'm jealous and happy for you at the same time! Enjoy your rest! YAY Caleb!
I would definetely say that's sleeping thru the night. Go Caleb! What a good little boy. I counted Hunter's 1st 8 hr. stretch as sleeping thru the night.... of course he was 4 months old! I'm also jealous and happy for you : ) Like I said go Caleb!!
I also would call 8 hours sleeping through the night. Thankfully, Nathan would go back to sleep until 7 or later after that early morning wakeup (when he was really little, now his wakeup time is 7, which isn't too bad).
Whoa...I'm definitely calling that sleeping through the night. Even now when Henry has a bad night, if he makes it to 5am, I feel like it's morning and he's made it. So I'm super impressed with Caleb, the super-sleeper! BTW, the other night Henry woke up at 12 and 4, so Caleb outslept him.
through the night means going to bed when it is dark out and waking up at or later than the parent "on duty" that morning.
Post a Comment