Thursday, September 20, 2007

Moving to the Crib

We decided to move Caleb to his crib this week. He had been sleeping in his bassinet in our room for the past 10 weeks, but he was starting to outgrow it and kick the ends, etc. Plus, he has not been sleeping as well at night, so we thought maybe it would help. We also have a futon bed in his room, so the first couple of nights, he mostly slept with me. Monday night I put him down around 7:30 (without getting a good burp) and he woke up around 8:30 and I laid down with him on the futon and we both slept there until 5:30. I think that's his longest stretch yet. But, his long stretches are not really regular. I feel like with Gabe once he made a milestone like 5 or 6 or 7 hours, he would do that consistently. Caleb is a little bit hit-or-miss. I feel like he usually wakes up around 4 no matter what and again at 6 and then sometimes snoozes until 7:30 or so (8 yesterday). So, we'll see. I'm thankful that at least he's been going back to sleep after nursing when he wakes up, so that's good, and he took a good nap in his crib yesterday, so maybe he's getting a little more used to it and enjoying the extra space!

0 comments: