Thursday, September 20, 2007
Outing
So, Tuesday I decided to get out of the house wiht the boys a little bit, so we went to McDonalds for lunch and to get a Happy Meal for Gabe. Sadly, this is the first time I had been out with just me and the boys (because, as you know, I usually have Norma in tow when I go out :-)). It was nice to get out; however, it was a lot more work! Just balancing getting both in and out of the car was a lot. Once we were in McDonald's we were OK; they offered to bring our food to the table for us, which was nice. Caleb fussed for part of the time, and Gabe ended up falling of the booth seat and hitting his face on the floor, but he was OK, thankfully. I have this fear of like Gabe getting away from me and running into the street or something and/or tending to Caleb and having him get lost or something. I'm sure I'll get over it as I get used to having two!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Bravo!! I still think it's hard enough getting out with 1! And by the time I get home I feel exhausted and like it's usally more work than it's worth : )
So good job Mama on going out with both boys!!
Jamie
It is so rough going out with two, especially with one in a car seat and one running around like a maniac. I have scenarios running through my head all the time like, "Would I leave Eleanor in her seat unattended to go after Charlotte and have Ellie kidnaped? Or let Charlotte run away and secure Ellie first?" Most recently thought of this at WalMart when Char HAD to get something from the machine, and Ellie was in the cart, and there was no way to manuever the cart closer to the machine so I just sent the 3 year old on her own and stood by the baby, watching Char nervously. AARGH. How do people do it?? It'll just get more natural as time goes on, right? It has to!!
Oh my gosh! Sounds like something that would happen to me (especially the whole Gabe falling off the booth). I agree...getting out with one is tiring. Good for you to be super mom and to go out for lunch with both!
Post a Comment