Tuesday, March 17, 2009

A Little Bit o' Green

Happy St. Patrick's Day! It was a fabulous spring day here. We enjoyed opening the windows, being outside and getting some fresh air. The boys spent most of the afternoon outside swinging with Miss D while I worked from home.



















It was also nice to see some green coming up out of the ground! The chives, lilacs, tulips and daffodils are all starting to make an appearance. Yay! This is my absolute favorite time of year.














We didn't really have anything special planned for St. Patty's Day, but Dan had to run to the store this morning and came home with a corned beef brisket to cook, as well as cabbage and potatoes. So, since I was working at home today, I gave it a shot and it turned out pretty well! We tried one other time when we were first married and it was horrible, so I'm glad we had a better outcome. :-) The meat came with instructions and spices, but I also loosely followed this recipe for the timing and the veggies.








It was a great day. Now if only this 70 degree weather would stay!!

5 comments:

Teara said...

I have always wanted to try the St Patty's day meal, but didn't have a clue where to start. Yours looks really yummy!

Anonymous said...

YUMMY! I was hankering for a St. Paddy's day meal last night; had I known . . . !!
Miss D looks fabulous; younger than ever! The boys sure do love her, don't they?! Looks like you all had a great day. Love, Oma

Christina said...

Yumm, that meal looks delicious! I'd love some pointers---last night we had chicken and I felt guilty!!

I love the pictures of the boys and Miss D playing outside! And how exciting to see green growing--yay for spring!

Anonymous said...

I'm so impressed by your St. Paddy's Day meal!! It looks delicious. Maybe I'll have to try that next year...I don't even what to tell you what we ate here last night!
(PB&J!)

Love,
Erica

Anonymous said...

Your meal looks great. I missed the day altogether. Oops. Looks like the boys really loved being outside.
love ya,
Sandi