I definitely can relate with Christina in that Valentine's Day really snuck up on me this year. Well, actually, I was thinking about it for some time and had some grand schemes involving felt pouches with monograms, but after it took me a couple of hours to make one, I gave up (mom, I hope you enjoyed yours). :-) To make matters worse, I didn't even have anything planned for the boys - no gifts, no candy, no nothin'. I think that makes me a horrible mother!
So, in an effort to make the day seem a little special, we had a little "pancake party" with heart shaped pancakes. As a wedding gift we received a Pfalzgraff "Pancake Party" kit that came complete with confetti, a sign and a heart shaped pancake mold-thingy. I think Dan and I used it once early in our marriage. I thought it was cute and took pics and I think he was thinking it was a little wierd, so we haven't used it since.
Anyway, we pulled it out and set it up and by the time I got around to making the pink pancakes, the heart shaped thing had gone missing (and I still can't find it...Caleb probably hid it deep in the refrigerator somewhere). So we "freehanded" the heart shaped pancakes. Dan wasn't feeling well, so it was just me and the boys (for some reason Gabe is wearing Halloween pjs?).
Later Gabe and I made heart-shaped spritz that we ended up taking to Rockford for punchki night with the Hogans. We were all going to stay home since Dan wasn't feeling well, but Gabe was super excited - especially to see his cousin Henry - so he and I went and it was great to see everyone. It's a tradition we hate to miss.
When Dan ran out to get himself some medicine before we left, he came back with this beautiful hydrangea plant (I am also a horrible wife!). And then yesterday Gabe was outside with Miss D and came back in with this little twig and said "Happy Valentine's Day, Mommy!" Sweet.
I better start planning now for next year!

4 comments:
You are a GREAT Mom!!! I absolutely love idea of a pancake party breakfast! The sign and the confetti make it such an official party, too. I love it!! Your boys are so blessed to have you as their mom. And to just WHIP UP those spritz??!! You're amazing. They were DELISH! :-)
I love the sweet flowers you got from your boys---especially the little stick from Gabe. How precious. You are so sweet to put it in a beautiful vase, too.
Love the blogs. I'm definitely starting with the present and working back too. It feels less daunting that way.
Love you! Hope everyone is feeling well!!!
Christina
You ARE a great mom! How fun to start the day this way; the boys must have loved it! Sorry that Dan was feeling so low. I used to make a heart-shaped cake every valentines day and have a little celebration when Dan & Christina got home from school. Fun times!
Love, Joyce
Sara, this is such a great idea! I love the confetti and Pancake Party sign AND the pink pancakes! Sounds like the perfect V-Day celebration to me. You and Christina always do such neat things with your boys, and I look to both of you for inspiration. You're a wonderful mom. Happy belated V-Day!
Love,
Erica
You had a great Valentine's celebration. We also loved the cookies. I totally messed up on Valentines Day this year. Saturday morning of Punchki day I was picking up some last minute things and remembered Valentines Day. All they had at Woodmans was candy and I didn't want to get the boys that so I'm afraid the only one who got anything was Cory. I got him 3 Reeses peanutbutter cups (on sale 3 for $1) and tied a ribbon from my scrapbooking drawer around it. Total time spent on Valentines Day - 90 seconds. I'll do better next year.
love ya,
Sandi
Post a Comment