Friday, February 20, 2009

Almost Four















I wanted to do some pictures and updates for Gabe, because I definitely don't do them as often as I do for Caleb. It's hard to believe he's going to be four next month...my little baby!

He continues to be Mr. Personality. He has always been really expressive in the way he communicates and is always coming up with something clever, silly or sweet to say.
He's a GREAT helper. He always wants to be helping with what I'm doing - cleaning, loading the dishwasher, laundry - he thinks it's all so great and loves to be part of it.
He's a great big brother. He is really sweet to Caleb, and they truly have a lot of fun together. The occurrences where he's been mean or hurtful toward Caleb have been almost non-existent. I am so thankful for the way they get along (I hope it stays that way!).
He is really good at his numbers and letters. We need to work more on writing them, but he can recognize short words like "no."
Since he doesn't nap, he goes to be early (if I am on top of things)....but has been ending up in our bed or calling out for us at some point during the night. Both of these boys need some sleep training. :-)
He loves hide-and-seek and "treasure hunting." "Treasure" is the foam blocks and he and Miss D hide them all over the house and then find them. And then I find them in odd places for the rest of the week. :-) He loves Miss D and the time they spend together.
He loves to jump around - I seriously need to get him to a bounce house. He loves jumping on the cushoins, beds....anything with a little bit of spring.
I could go on-and-on, but it's just amazing to see him turning into this "big boy." He's my little buddy and I love him very much!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is a sweetie and growing up so fast. I think it is great that he treats Caleb with such patience. He truly is a special little guy.
love ya,
Sandi

Christina said...

I want to refuse to believe that Gabe is almost 4. I know by now that time does fly...but our babies turning FOUR?? NO way! Gabe is such a sweet boy. I just love him and his expressive, outgoing personality. He's so much fun. By now we've learned that it only gets better and better, so maybe four is nothing to fear after all?

We need to get together again soon. We miss you guys!!

Erica said...

Oh my goodness! I can't believe Gabe is going to be 4!!! He's such a sweet little boy, and I love the first picture of him. He looks like he's really concentrating on his work. We have to get together SOON!

Love,
Erica