Saturday, February 21, 2009

Chuck E.'s

Last week we were definitely feeling the need for some fresh air, and I was home Weds afternoon since I had a meeting to be at on Friday. So, we decided to go for a late lunch at our local Chuck E. Cheese's. Gabe really loved it and crawled all around in those tubes for the first time (those things make me very nervous because you can't see them at all times :-)). Caleb wasn't that thrilled; the only thing he wanted to do was ride the car with Chuck E. - over, and over and over. We seriously got about 12 pictures of him in the car. :-) It was nice - barely anyone there, unlike the last time I went (by myself) on a Friday morning - HUGE mistake.
Anyone have other ideas for getting out of the house? We're due for a trip to the Children's Museum and we did story time at the library, but I feel like we need some variety. Any suggestions welcome!














6 comments:

Amy Kate said...

Oh, Sara, my new fave place that I just rediscovered a few weeks ago and have gone to twice: Garfield Park Conservatory! Free admission, free parking, free, free, free! It's like you're "outside" because you are surrounded by plants, it is so toasty warm inside, and there's the kid room with a big slide and a little play area. I forgot how much I like it there, and can't believe we hadn't gone in ages, the girls really liked it a lot, too. Especially the big fish!

Sara said...

That's a great idea! I can't believe I've never been there...and we're super close! We'll definitely have to check it out. I do remember seeing your pics and thinking that we should go...

Anonymous said...

I know people mostly go to the zoo in the summer, but it can be fun in the winter also. Some of the animal, like polar bears, walrus, and penguins, actually like the cold weather more. When I was in college we went to the St. Louis Zoo in the winter and it was fun and certainly not crowded.
love ya,
Sandi

Sara said...

That's a good idea, too, Sandi. We did actually go a couple of weeks ago and it made me think we should go more.

Thanks for the membership!

Christina said...

How fun! I love the pictures of the boys in the car with Chuck-E! How cute that Caleb wanted to stay in there most of the time with him!! This is actually a place I usually shy away from because I'm afraid of the crowds, but after seeing these pics, I'm thinking maybe we should try it. We're having some serious cabin fever around here and ready for Spring!!

Erica said...

I love the idea of going to the Garfield Conservatory. We're going to have to try that soon.
The boys look like they had a great time at Chuck-E's, and it's always nice to get out and have fun during these long winter weeks.