Wednesday, May 16, 2007

You won't believe this day!

This morning was just a crazy morning - so much went wrong before 10:30 a.m., I don't even know if you'll believe me when I tell you. :-) First, I got up and was getting ready like I usually do before work (my mom was here because she watches Gabe on Wednesdays and Thursdays). I heard my mom say, "Gabie's throwing up!" I looked in the kitchen and sure enough, he was standing in a big puddle of the orange juice and fruit loops he had this morning and was still heaving - so sad! He only wanted me to hold and cuddle him and every 20 minutes or so he would dry heave again. It is just the saddest thing when they are sick to their stomach because I feel like they just don't know what's going on and it's so scary for them.

During all of that, I started to get a migraine. Perfect timing...I haven't had one in weeks! By this time it was after 9 a.m., and I had to be at work today for a lunch-and-learn I had coordinated. So, after a while, Gabe started playing and seeming fine again, so I snuck off to work and Dan took the day off.

On the way to work, I was driving down Michigan Avenue and stopped at a stop light. I was in the middle lane and there was a tour bus to my left. All the sudden I looked and he was just pulling over into my lane like I wasn't even there!! He pushed right into my car (the neon) and my front left wheel was like stuck on his front right wheel well. I started to panic for a minute because I was caught on the bus and couldn't move the car, nor open my door since there was a big bus there! I laid on the horn and it was like we were both just frozen there, not sure which way to go. Finally I wiggled free and we both turned left onto a side street and exchanged information. He couldn't open his door because a piece of metal over the wheel was bent and blocking it. So he was like, (to the big pregnant woman) "can you bend that piece of metal back so I can open the door?" ??????!!!!!! Needless to say, I couldn't do it, so a contractor that was nearby helped. Anyway, it doesn't look like there's a ton of damage to our car, but what a nuisance!!!

So, that was my morning. The rest of the day went fine and Gabe didn't throw up anymore, but all we gave him was Gatorade, crackers and rice today. Tonight he just seems really congested and definitely not 100%, but his tummy seems betters, so that's good.

Here's hoping that tomorrow will have a better start!

1 comments:

Christina said...

Whoa...what a crazy day. I can't believe a bus got hooked on your car and wanted you to pry the pieces off. I'm glad you're ok and that there was someone else there to help out! Also, I hope Gabe's feeling better. Poor thing. I immediately felt panicked when I read this thinking, I really hope I didn't give him anything last weekend from our house! Hope you're all doing well now.