So, I told myself I'd post something tonight, and I'm not sure if I'll get much past this one, but here goes!
Today was my 32-week check-up - 32 weeks already! This pregnancy is definitely flying by. Everything checked out fine. One thing that was weird was that I lost a pound and a half since my last appointment two weeks ago (I'm going every two weeks now). I'm not too worried since I pack a few extra pounds anyway and have already gained the "suggested" amount and I still have 8 weeks to go!
They also told me when I went for my 28-week glucose test and rhogam they forgot to do my hemogram. Has anyone else heard of this? I guess it checks iron levels but I don't recall doing it the first time and they said it's standard at 28 weeks. So, I'm doing that at my next appointment along with another test, I think syphillis (sp?)?
Anyway, I also haven't been taking any picture of this pregnancy like we did the first time. But, I'm definitely huge and I need to take a picture at least for a keepsake. :-) I had a couple people last Thursday say they could tell I was having a boy by the way I'm carrying. I'm not sure what that means (I think low and out front), but one of the ladies was a stranger and asked if I knew. I was like "boy" and she said "I knew it, I just wanted to see if I was right!" I've been discussing with my two other work friends who are pregnant that it is kindof funny (and sometimes irritating) that everyone evaluates your belly in some way....the way you're carrying, your size, etc. I'm sure I do it, too, but it's surprising when people comment sometimes about how big you are, etc.
Still no luck on names (any suggestions?). Everytime we would ask Gabie he would say T.V. We weren't sure why, but he would say it everytime. Now he has switched to Donnie (name of a guy at Dan's school). Dan and just don't agree on boy names; I think we're going to need to start methodically reviewing our book of 100,000 names! That or pick one out of a hat!
OK, that's all for now!
Tuesday, May 08, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
My favorite was when everyone starts asking when you are due and when you say (like I've got 2 months or 1 month to go) they look at you in disbelief and this look of pity. It's like, yes I know I'm big and yes I will get bigger I'm not due tomorrow unfortunately!
I'm getting so excited though to meet your little baby boy!! Boys really are so much fun : )
Take care of yourself! We'll have to get together again soon.
Jamie
Exactly. I always round down so I don't get such a look of shock and disbelief. :-) For example, now I only have about 7 weeks left. It's a very common question when you get toward the end and I love various reactions - it's very clear when people think you're huge and are like "oh my gosh...." That happened a couple times when I was pregnant with Gabe.
I don't remember either of those tests from being pregnant with Henry. But who knows, they do so much and I think I just go with the flow and probably don't pay as close attention as I should. Being down 1 1/2 lbs...I think that's alot...I gained ALL the way to the end! Names are definitely a tough one, I think boys names will be the hardest for us to come up with. My theory is that since you've already used the one you loved the best (and obviously have grown even more attached to now) it's hard to think of another one you think you'll love the same. But you will...I can't share suggestions just in case I need them!!! ha ha, but I do love Donnie and TV. :-) He is too funny! Can't wait to see you guys soon. (love the updates!)
About carrying low and out front, I say whatever you can never tell! I carry high and out front and people were saying the same thing to me (they "knew" it was a boy). Since I know I get big, I'm not surprised when people say it! Usually I go along with it and say "yeah, still have awhile" but of course when I'm big and uncomfortable it will probably start getting on my nerves big time! Hang in there. Only "7" weeks left! It will fly!
Post a Comment