Sunday, June 04, 2006

Magical...Part 2

After a rough weekend of off-schedule naps and bedtimes, I tried again tonight to get Gabe to fall asleep in his crib (tried on Friday night also, but failed miserably). Tonight we started bed time a little later, around 8:30, since he slept on the way back from Rockford from 4 to 6 (it took us two hours to get home!). After his bottle, I held him for a little bit and he was somewhat drowsy, so then I put him in his crib to see what would happen. He lay there for a few seconds looking and rolling a round, then he stood up, but he wasn't crying. After about 20 minutes or so of standing, laying, squirming, etc. he finally fell asleep!! I stood there the whole time, sometimes rubbing his back or stroking his hair. So.....hopefully it's progress and maybe we're making baby steps toward getting him in the habit of falling asleep on his own. The one thing is that both times he's done this it has been pretty much dark outside, which seems to help. Maybe I need to get some of those blinds that block out all the light!

1 comments:

Christina said...

I love your story about him falling asleep last night and quickly laying down every time he saw you stand up! So funny :-) He's so smart too! I definitely think he's getting it and it doesn't seem like he's fighting it much. Yay!