Tuesday, June 13, 2006
Back to Two Naps
After a rough weekend of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde, I decided to take control of the sleep/nap situation again. He has been having more days recently where he has been super short-tempered. I'm sure part of it is a preview of what lies ahead in the "terrible twos," but I think some of it is just lack of sleep. So, the last couple of days we have done 9:30 and 2:30 naps, both almost an hour and a half, which is great. It seems that putting him down earlier is working again, which always makes me think, why did I stop doing this in the first place? I feel that the sleep situation is always having to be recallibrated (is that a word?). It gets off track somehow and then has to be reset again. Anyway, I'm just glad he's getting some good naps and has been in a better mood the last couple of days. He's still doing pretty well going to sleep in his crib, but I've just been more focused the last couple days on getting the schedule straightened out, and then I'll go back to focusing on that, too. It was also tough to work on that because he took his naps in the pack-n-play in the kitchen the last couple of days because my step-mother-in-law was here doing some paining in his room (which looks exactly as I had hoped - I'll post pics shortly!).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
I'd go with the two naps as long as he'll take them! I'm sure it helps to break up your day, too. That's nice that they're 1 1/2 hours. Henry's morning nap has been only 45-ish minutes this week with a longer (2 hour) afternoon nap. Who knows?? It's never an exact thing for him. My friend, Claire and I were making plans to meet at the pool yesterday and she said, "well, Emily (her 13 month old) will be up around 11:15 or 11:20...). I was impressed by the exactness!! Henry is never that exact. But I just think it's great to have them on regular naps.
Post a Comment