Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A little light refreshment...

January 11, 2011

It was a snowy day here in Chicago.  Not so much fun for driving to and from school, but definitely good for some fun and fresh air in the backyard.  The boys went straight to work - Gabe chopping away at the ice in the fire pit (and finding "treasures" of giant ice chips) and Caleb busily shoveling the snow off the swing.  And Lolli LOVES the snow - burrowing in it, specifically.  It felt good to be in the backyard again - I was trying to enjoy the beautiful snowfall and not be overcome with spring fever as I looked at what was my flower bed and garden.  Ahhh....soon enough, I suppose.

3 comments:

Ruth said...

Love the pictures! Reminds me when my girls were small. All the bundling up so they could barely move! Looks like the boys had a great time! Love the picture of Lolli! There is something about black and white pictures that I really love!

Erica said...

The day of a snowstorm is A LOT of fun! Love these pictures of the boys in their winter gear!
And Lolli...she has the sweetest eyes.
Yesterday, I loved the snow, but today I'm ready for spring :-)

Christina said...

What a perfect way to spend a snowy day! And what a great mom you are!! We too had lots and lots of snow, but guess what? I didn't take the boys out once! I was feeling a bit crabby about the snow yesterday. I did promise myself, and them, to take them out to play today :) Love these pictures. I somehow added your flickr stream to pop up in a feed on my phone, so I saw these in your flickr album last night. i LOVE the one of Lolli close up. Super cute and cool picture.

Love you guys! Happy snow day!

Love,
Christina