
Some days you just need a jammie day, and today was one of those days. We were particularly pushed in that direction by the FRIGID temps this morning (-20 windchill!). The thought of going out in the cold was too much for my lazy self this morning, so I phoned Gabe in and we declared a stay-in-from-the-cold jammie day (except Gabe wanted to put his new Christmas sweater from Oma on over his PJs). In between bouts of Netflix, we did lots of Hot Wheels and Legos. It was a perfect day, really.

Gabe and I finished Emperor Palpatine's shuttle. Well, mostly him! He amazes me with they way he can put these things together. He honestly worked probably 4 hours on it today. I helped him here and there when he got frustrated or couldn't find a piece, but for the most part he finished it on his own.

I have a love / hate relationship with Legos. I LOVE that they require concentration, fine motor skills, and creativity, but all those little pieces!! And then it stresses me out when all the pieces / sets get mixed together. Is that wierd? And then there's his frustration when something doesn't go just right. Oh, well. He loves them, and I've had more than one person tell me their kid loved Legos and then became an engineer or something along those lines. So, MIT here we come! :-)

Hope you have a great weekend and stay WARM!!! We may just have to declare tomorrow another jammie day.

1 comments:
Ooh, I hope today was a pj day too! Those are seriously the best. And what could be better to a kid than a mommy-declared-pj-day-off-school! Hooray! I wish I'd thought of that yesterday....
It looks like it was such a nice and cozy day in. And I am so proud of Gabe for finishing that lego ship! Henry and Patrick joined forces to build his and I helped here and there and those little tiny pieces are NOT easy!! Congrats Gabe! I definitely see engineering in your future! {BTW, Henry and I made a huge cardinal mistake. We opened every single bag and dumped them into one big pile. Um, oops. Major. You would have died.}
love you,
Christina
Post a Comment