Gabe has been super frustrated lately at trying to write his letters. He keeps showing a lot of interest and asking us to help him, but then he HATES that he can't do things perfectly (a little perfectionist, perhaps?) and then just wants to give up. We has such an episode this morning.
Tonight, however, I was sitting on the couch and he brought his magnadoodle thing over to me and this is how it looked:

He told me that it said "I love you." I'm in tears as I'm writing this because it was just the sweetest thing! I wish I could stash that magnadoodle away forever.
3 comments:
That is the sweetest thing. I would be in tears too! You should frame this picture so you'll always have it to look at, especially during trying times.
Gabe's letters look great to me! Plus he's already trying to use inventive spelling! I remember having students that were perfectionists (and I was one too!) and having difficult moments where they refused to do something because they couldn't do it to their own expectations. Despite telling them over and over that what they were doing was wonderful, they knew it wasn't perfect. Sometimes it helped to give them an out of the ordinary experience like writing in shaving cream (on a tray) or in sand or with paint. Anything to get the focus off of what they're worried about.
Love,
Erica
How precious. I love that he wrote that note to you. So sweet and really impressive with the inventive spelling. I can totally tell that's what he's trying to say!
Oh how precious Sara! Before I even read what you blogged, I knew what he had written! He's doing GREAT!! I hope he's not too hard on himself as he grows and learns new things; he is SO wonderful. And by the way, the tears come more often as your babies grow and the moments become even more precious! Hard to imagine, I know, but true. Cherish them all. Love, Joyce
Post a Comment