Sunday, July 26, 2009

Evasive Donuts

So, true to form, I'll post about anything except the things I said I need to catch up on. :-)

One of our favorite summer activities is walking to the Oak Park farmer's market to get fresh, hot donuts....and maybe some fruits and veggies, too. :-)

This year, we've only gone twice. The first time, it was almost noon and the donuts were long gone. So, we tried again yesterday. Still a little later starting out, 10 a.m., but did not anticipate any donut troubles.

Until we got there and the line was wrapped AROUND THE BLOCK. Which we've seen before and should have realized would be the case at that time of morning. However, we had already told the boys they were getting donuts...they were super excited / impatient and we thought standing in that line might be torture.

So, we walked on....to Dominick's...and enjoyed a box of tasty Entenmenn's donuts right there on their sidewalk. :-) I think the boys were just as happy!

Gabe even did a little donut dance (he was like, "Mommy, watch me!"):

Picnik collage

IMG_4548

Caleb loved his, too:

Picnik collage

Things did get a little testy while waiting in the wagon after Gabe started picking at Caleb (notice Gabe got a left to the kisser):

Picnik collage

They loved going under the el and yelling "HEWWWOOO!" to hear their echo:

Picnik collage

It was still a lovely morning, great wagon ride and beautiful surroundings (here and there):

Picnik collage

Picnik collage

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the story you tell with these pictures!! I love Gabe's donut dance!! Caleb looks like he is enjoying the donuts!! You are so creative with your pictures! The collages are awesome! Love, Ruth

Anonymous said...

What beautiful photos! I think it's adorable that Caleb is 'holding his own'. He is going to do just fine. :-) The boys sure do love their donuts! Looks like you had a gorgeous summer morning for your outing; not to mention that everything is in bloom. How beautiful! Thanks for sharing. Mom

Christina said...

These pictures are absolutely beautiful.

What a perfect Saturday! It looks like the boys were un-phased by the donut debacle. :-) The perfect morning!!