Saturday, January 10, 2009

Thanksgiving: Part 2

Thanksgiving: Part 2 was at my mom's house in Rockford. I'm sure I've posted about this in past years, but we always spent Thanksgiving at my dad's mom's and have tried to continue some of her traditions and recipes each year since she passed 11 years ago. My dad and I tackle the stuffing (which involves a pound of butter, dozen eggs and two loaves of bread - yum) and the turkey and mom handles the rest, along with some delicious additions from Joyce as well. My aunt Thea was able to make it this year, which was really nice, and Beck was there as well for the first time in a while. All in all a nice, relaxing day with lots of good food and family!

We also had a Thanksgiving: Part 3 with Sandi's family on that Saturday, but, believe it or not, I have no pictures from that get together! We had a great time with them, though. I've always been so appreciative of their flexibility in hosting holidays on a non-holiday-day...things are so nice and relaxed and we get a chance to spend more time with them than we normally would. Ruth did a great job hosting and it was great to see everyone on that side!

The table (and Dan) ready to go:



Caleb having some leftovers via "airplane:"



Caleb loves Oma's cranberry salad:



Dad and Thea:




Oma and Gabie:





My grandma's napkins and napkin rings (my mom made these for her - aren't they cute?)


Dad bringing the turkey to the table:



Mom:




My contribution was pound cake that turned into a disaster (NEVER use self-rising flour where it calls for all-purpose!):



Dad mixing the stuffing:




0 comments: