The week before Thanksgiving, we hosted some of the mentors from Dan's program for a little "thank you" Thanksgiving dinner. I was a little worried...it was a potluck, but we were in charge of the turkey, and we had never made one. Maybe not the best time to try our hand, but after a little bit of internet research and a few helpful YouTube videos, I think we pulled it off. The only problem was that it was a little too small for the 14 people that were here!
It was really nice to have some of the mentors here. I have such admiration for these folks and the committment they've made to make a difference in the life of a youth. We had a great night. We couldn't fit everyone into one room, so we set up tables in both rooms and that worked out fine. One of the mentors' wife is a professional chef and brough the AMAZING almond rolls pictured below. If you ever want to order some, let me know and I'll connect you with her!
Dan and Emily, his colleague in the mentoring program (love her!):
Dan and the turkey:
At least it looks good?:

0 comments:
Post a Comment