Thursday, January 22, 2009

Six Random Things

I always love to read these things when other people do them, and now I've been tagged by Amy Kate. I rarely get tagged. I'm not sure what that means, but here goes.


The rules:

1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them.
5. Let each person know they’ve been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.


1. I have very little athletic ability. That all went to my sister. BUT, I did manage to get "co-MVP" of the volleyball team in 10th grade. The following year, a few of us ended up on the bench most of the time. To show our dissatisfaction and make a statement to the coach, we had a pizza delivered to us on the bench during our last home game. It didn't go over well and we were suspended for the rest of the season, which was one game. This is one of my favorite memories from high school...and I think not that many people believe that I would be involved in such a thing. :-)

2. I'm an extremely sentimental pack rat. Unfortunately for my mother, most of my "memorabilia" is still in her basement, which includes a toothpick from the breakfast buffet at the hotel where we stayed on our Florida vacation when I was in 5th grade.

3. I'm really becoming hooked on Guitar Hero. It's the only video game I've really enjoyed since Super Mario Brothers for NES.

4. I got to see France (Toulouse and Paris) with my friend Heather a couple of years ago. Amazing trip and one of the more adventurous things I've ever done (I was 5 months pregnant at the time). Really want to travel more some day.

5. I have always been really freaked out by the actual act or even thought of rubbing your teeth with tissue or something dry. I don't know why, but it really makes me cringe and lick my teeth. (OK, that one is really weird and a little embarrasing.) Thinking about the dentist wiping my teeth with those little cotton roll things gives me the chills.

6. I NEVER, EVER pictured that I would be a mom of boys. I always thought I would have little girls with pink little dresses and rooms (and back to aforementioned sentimentality, still have all my dolls, bears, diaries, charmkins, pretty ponies........). And, I NEVER thought I would not be a full-time stay at home mom. However, sometimes I feel like life is so much better when it doesn't turn out the way you expect, but the way God has planned it for you. I can't imagine life without my boys...all three of them. Each day is a new adventure!

Now for the 6 people I'm tagging:
1. Jamie: She's patiently awaiting baby #2 any day now and I'm sure she could use something to pass the time. :-)
2. Teara: She is one of my oldest dearest friends...and compadre in online stalking. :-)
3. Heather: I always love hearing from my friend Feather.
4. Christina: Love anytime she posts and especially when I get to hear about and see my nephews!
5. Holly: She's been MIA and I miss reading her blog!
6. Dan: I'm always interested in what he has to say to the cyberspace audience.

6 comments:

Amy Kate said...

Yay!!! I love it!
I cannot believe the things you save. A toothpick? For real? Wow.

I am in disbelief about the pizza delivery. I feel like one of your high school friends or your sister need to comment here to verify it. Sara + suspended from anything = no way, jose.

Erica said...

Sara,
I loved reading this! I have to admit that I'm shocked about the pizza delivery suspension!!! :-)

I'm glad you did this and am excited to read what everyone else writes.

Love,
Erica

Teara said...

Yes, I can confirm the pizza delivery story. I was there (on the court playing and not one of the "renegades".)

In fact, the rest of them froze up when the pizza man came in the gym and Sara was the only one man enough to get up off the bench and meet him.

Teara said...

I did my 6 things on my blog so now I am cool, right?

Anonymous said...

I love the pizza story!!! :0)Ruth

Sara said...

I think Teraza may have come also and we had a couple of slices out by the Booster Club. :-) I think someone had to take it out when Mr. Lewis looked at us and turned bright red and said "GET THAT OUT OF HERE." :-)