Monday, January 12, 2009

Bad Dream

Last night, Caleb woke up around 11 (he's been having a rough week). As I was rocking him, I heard Gabe call out in a really sad / crying voice, "Mommy! Come! Hurrrrryyyy!" So I ran in, thinking maybe he was sick or about to throw up or something. When I got in there, he said, "I had a scary dream." And when I asked him what it was about, he said "about a scary monster." It was so sad - he was really scared, but went back to sleep.



Then today, when prodded separately by Dan and I, he told us both that his dream had been about the "little guy" from Ratatouille and that he had yelled at him, saying, "Liiiinnnguinnni!" which is what he says in the movie. He is a little scary looking:





3 comments:

Christina said...

That is so sad. :-( But looking at this picture and the way he said "Liiinguineee", so sad but I'll confess, I cracked a smile. Very cute and funny, too. Probably mostly because I can totally relate to silly seeming fears. (Ummm, there's a t-rex lurking in every darkened room of my house.) It is so sad to hear your baby (I know they're not babies, but they'll always be right?!) sad and scared. Silly imaginations!!!

Amy Kate said...

Charlotte used to get freaked out by him, too! She saw the movie with Mike's parents first, so I had no idea what she was talking about when she'd say she was scared of the "little guy." Now she just wakes up screaming, claiming that she's scared of monsters.
Poor Gabe!!

Amy Kate said...

Charlotte used to get freaked out by him, too! She saw the movie with Mike's parents first, so I had no idea what she was talking about when she'd say she was scared of the "little guy." Now she just wakes up screaming, claiming that she's scared of monsters.
Poor Gabe!!