Monday, September 15, 2008

Apple Orchard 2008!

















On Friday, Christina and I met up in Rockford to take the boys to Edward's Apple Orchard with Oma to do some apple picking. We knew the forecast was calling for rain, but the hour-by-hour forecast said it would all be in the morning. Wrong. It was all in the afternoon and started right as we were driving out. But, we had a great time anyway. We started out with cider and the donuts (the REAL reason I go to the orchard), thinking it might clear, and after some pleading from the boys, we decided to drive the vans out to the orchard (apparently the wagon only runs on the weekend) and let them pick in the rain. The little boys watched from the stroller while the big boys picked (and tasted) to their heart's content. It turned out to be a lot of fun and the Gala apples they picked are DELICIOUS! We got to hang out with our favorite cousins and aunt and Oma a little more Friday night and Saturday. It was great to see them and let the boys hang out and play. Isn't the pic of Henry and Gabe hugging so sweet? And the one of them playing "drums" on the milk cans? There were so many cute pics I couldn't decide which to post, so I posted a lot. :-) I'm glad Edward's is back in business after the freak January tornado that hit their property. They've done a great job rebuilding the apple barn, though part of me will always miss the original!

6 comments:

Amy Kate said...

OH MY GOSH. Can I just say that I think that Gabe and Henry are so sweet?! I hope Caleb and William forge such a close relationship, too. Too too sweet!!

Amanda said...

Great to hear that Edwards is in business!! Fall is my favorite time of year and one thing I really miss now that I'm in Florida. And, of course, going to Edwards is a part of the Fall experience I miss. Thanks for posting pictures... I can just imagine the apple donuts now. Glad you had such a great time!

Erica said...

All of these pictures are so cute. I love that Henry and Gabe are wearing matching sweatshirts. It looks like it was a lot of fun, rain and all. I do love how happy Henry and Gabe looked while they were drumming on the milk cans. Such sweet boys!

Love,
Erica

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you got to get into the orchard for at least a little while. Too bad the horses weren't going. It may have been because of the rain that they weren't there. We went on Tuesday and the pony rides and horses were going. The pictures are so cute. I love the one of you and Gabe and the one of Christina and Henry in the orchard.
love ya,
Sandi

Christina said...

Oh I love these pictures! You really captured the essence of the fun the boys were having. The rain didn't get them down! I love that they just wanted to hug and hold hands nonstop!! And them wearing the matching sweatshirts was such a fluke. Adorable. I love Caleb and William hanging out in the stroller together too. They're really noticing each other and I think they will be great, fearless friends!

We had so much fun with you guys. We love you!!

Christina

Anonymous said...

Sara:
Thank you for posting so many great photos! I especially love the ones of you with Gabriel and Christina with Henry; actually, I love all of them! How funny that we picked the one day when it rained non-stop! Oh, well, it didn't put a damper on the fun we had! The boys were such troopers! Thanks for the memories. Love, Joyce/Oma