Me: "Gabie, why did you poop in your pants?"
Gabe: "I'm not gonna tell you."
Me: "Why aren't you going to tell me?"
Gabe: "Because, it's a long story."
He's such a character. He's definitely been a little (or a lot) defiant lately, and a couple of the pictures below capture his attitude perfectly. There's been lots of "I don't want to!!!!"
He also has a great memory. I'm always amazed at the things he recalls. Out of the blue last Friday he said he wanted to go to Chuck E. Cheese's like we did on his birthday. So, we went for lunch. It was fun and pretty quiet when we got there, but quickly filled up with a bunch of small children from a day care and turned into a very hectic, stressful occasion! Since I was by myself with both boys, it was a little bit of an event to manage them, the tokens, helping with the games, collecting and cashing in the tickets, eating, etc., not to mention him having to go to the bathroom and then not going....twice....because there were so many little girls running all over the bathroom (unattended, mind you, and I was thinking, "who is watching these kids?").
But, he's also real sweet a lot of the time, too. My sister's been staying with us this week while she trains for her new job nearby. Last night they were on the couch together and he said to her, "So, how'd it go?" When she asked him what he meant, he said, "...at work?" He says this to me sometimes, too..."How'd it go at work today, Mommy?" He's very thoughtful and a little bit of an old soul (beside the three-year-old temper tantrums). He's also a great brother. Another post to come on "brothers."
Here are some fun pictures and a video of him showing his many faces and emotions. :-) Again, some of these are from the cell phone, so not the best quality.

Playing with a magnifying glass at Grandma Jane and Great Bapa Hogan's.

Playing with some old headphones at my dad's.

Standing on Dan's skateboard. This already makes me nervous.
"I don't want to!!!"
Riding the Bob the Builder ride at Chuck E's.
"I don't want you to take my picture!"
Hangin' out with Aunt B.
The many faces of Gabe.

3 comments:
That sad face, oh my goodness! That is too funny. I love all of those faces that he can make and how he totally changes his face depending on the emotion. Save that video, it might be useful for an audition...I feel a child actor star in our midst! :-) He is so hilarious. I love age 3. Besides the defiance that we're experiencing daily, too. Other than those daily battles, it's gonna be a fun year, I can feel it. And I love that he said, "it's a long story" HA HA HA!! He's a busy guy. I love you Gabe!
See you're navigating all of this so you can help those of us that will follow you :). What a great mamma you are.
Love you!
Heather
I love the many faces of Gabe! I think he could be a child star in the making! I LOVE that he asks that question, "So how'd it go?" He has a wonderful personality. I loved seeing him at Sweet Tomatoes and would love to see more of him and Caleb. I can say this only because Ben is 6 months and I'm a spectator, but I like it when little kids start showing their "independent" sides. I know I'll be eating my words in a few years, but I'll look to you and Christina for advice. We can't wait to see you guys on the 13th!
Love,
Erica
Post a Comment