Friday, June 06, 2008

Fern Care?



I've been wanting a fern for a while now for the porch, and Dan and the boys got a beautiful one for me for Mother's Day. I love the way it looks on the porch, but it started looking a little sad. I had read somewhere that they need to be watered by misting or by letting them soak up some water from the bottom. The misting didn't seem to be working, so I hung it outside in the back and it seems to be doing better out there. But, I'd like to keep it on the porch.

Anyone have any recommendations?

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Ferns are usually pretty low maintenance. I do think they like to stay well watered. It looks pretty : )

Christina said...

Your fern is so pretty! I absolutely love ferns. They're one of my favorites because they grow and look so pretty all summer and into the fall. We've had pretty good luck with the ones we have on our front porch every summer by keeping them very hydrated!

Christina said...

Another quick note: our neighbor across the street has never had good luck with her ferns because they get too much sun in the afternoon. I don't think they like direct sunlight---ours get morning sun and seem to do well. Maybe you could put them outside early or later on in the day to get just a little sun??

Love you guys!!