I want to jot down a couple things before I forget.
Yesterday at dinner time, Gabe was being a stinker about coming to the dinner table and eating and kept saying "I'm not going to join you for dinner," "no, I'm not joining you," so he got a time out. Finally he came to the table, but was pouty the whole time. When I was putting him to bed, he seemed kindof sad and I just figured he was tired. He looked at me and said, in the sweetest, saddest little voice, "Mommy, I'm sorry that I wouldn't join you." I of course said "I forgive you!" and my heart was just melted. Then we changed the subject and then a couple minutes later, he said in the same sweet voice, "Mommy, do you forgive me?" It was just so sweet and I couldn't believe how sensitive he was about and how he remembered what had happened.
Fast forward to today and I called home to check in and he was being a stinker about lunch (this has become a mealtime tradition). I talked to him on the phone and and he was like "I don't want to eat lunch!" So tonight we're playing outside and he said, "Mommy, I'm sorry I was mean." So I said, "when were you mean? I don't remember you being mean," and he said "when I wouldn't eat my lunch." Again, heart melting and I just appreciate his sweet nature about apologizing.
However, immediately following our sweet conversation outside, I told him it was time to go in for dinner, at which time he proceeded to freak out and refuse to come inside. :-) But, hey, he's 3, right?!
Wednesday, May 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I cannot stress enough that terrible twos is a falsehood, it's the terrible threes!! I do love when they remember hurting someone and apologize, but I feel so bad when it sticks in Char's head and a week after doing something, she apologizes again for the same thing.
Empathy and sensitivity - very big steps for a kid! Yay Gabe again!!
What a sweet, tender heart he has.
I hope both boys are feeling better now.
Love,
Erica
Post a Comment