Sunday, May 25, 2008

Happy Memorial Day!

Hope you're all having a nice holiday weekend! We've been laying low here; the boys are on the upswing after a week and a half of congestion, coughing and, for Caleb, and minor infection in both ears! They're definitely better, but still not 100%.

It's been nice to stay home this holiday weekend, actually, and we're getting lots done. Yesterday we just did some chores, Dan went to a graduation (can you believe his original sixth graders are graduating this year?) and we went out to get some mulch for the yard and also a new grill. Gabe also helped Dan put a new battery in the van while Caleb and I played in the yard (sorry about the snot fountains coming from Caleb's nose in this picture).




We also got to see the Vances briefly today! They were staying downtown and we got to meet them at the Lincoln Park Zoo for a couple of hours this afternoon. It was great to see them, but our boys were definitely still cranky! (Sorry, guys!) Aren't these pics of Gabe and Henry too sweet?


After the zoo, Gabe and I went to Lowe's to get some flowers, composted cow manure and peat moss. Those last two were per Dan's request and for the garden, and he told Gabe yesterday that we were going to get some "cow poop" and for the last 24 hours he kept asking "when are we going to get the cow poop?" "can we get some cow poop?" So, we got the cow poop.

Late this afternoon and evening Dan worked on trenching and mulching our beds in the back and got our garden ready for planting. We still need to get our veggies / herbs and some more flowers, but it's already looking much better out there. I'll post some pics soon and remind me to post about my "garden miracle".

In other news, I am typing this to the loud thudding bass coming from our neighbor's BBQ. It's been going on since we got home around 3:30 (it's 9:05 right now). Seriously so loud that I know I'll still be hearing it in my head after they turn it off. Although, some of it's catchy, and I was doing a little bit of the Cha Cha Slide in the kitchen a couple hours ago. I'm surprised the boys were able to get to sleep and are still sleeping. I turned Caleb's fan on high just for some extra white noise.

I'll end on the fact that in the process of trying to update my blog with a Shabby Chic template I found, I comletely lost all my links and also did something funny to the header (it's huge). So if you're looking for links, that's why they disappeared. I need to work on fixing things.

I know this post didn't have much to do with Memorial Day, but I hope you have a good one!

Update: It's now 9:24 and the music has finally stopped. Yay! I know, I'm getting old.....

1 comments:

Christina said...

You got some really cute pictures of Henry and Gabe together! I love the hands holding one and the hug! Also, cute pictures of your boys outside. How sweet that Gabe was helping Dan. And it's a good thing for us that they got that battery in. THANK you for the jump! I don't know what we would have done if you guys weren't there. Embarrasing, but it worked out well. :-)

It was so good to see you guys. Thanks for meeting up with us! Hope you had a Happy 7th Anniversary!